Size Five Games

Author Topic: STICKY: Minor Bugs Thread  (Read 51229 times)

foobargle

• beamexian
    • View Profile
Re: STICKY: Minor Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 01:53:59 pm »
Can you remember if there were big spinning saw blades on the map?

I'm not sure about the first time. I just tried loading a local game again on my laptop and had a similar load time and did not see any spinning blades.

I also tried on my desktop and it was less than a couple seconds to load. I would have expected it to be faster but was surprised to see it be that much faster. 

StranaMente

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 02:03:07 pm »
I noticed that trying to change server and entering back in the one you were, logs you again as a different user. Fixed in next version-TJ

After the opponent left the match and the "Sorry your opponent quit the match" message appeared, the mouse pointer disappeared. I can see, as I move it, it highlights the quit to menu button, but it is invisible. - should be fixed -DM

cubed2d

• Global Moderator
  • 600 series
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 02:08:25 pm »
I'm not sure about the first time. I just tried loading a local game again on my laptop and had a similar load time and did not see any spinning blades.

I also tried on my desktop and it was less than a couple seconds to load. I would have expected it to be faster but was surprised to see it be that much faster.

Not what i thought is was. Im investigating this for you now. One cause is a thing that takes up a lot of cpu time, another involves lots of loading in to memory. Both things laptops arnt as good at as desktops!

HiRaJapBab

• 600 series
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 02:21:49 pm »
If I jumped onto the side of a platform, with a ladder next to it, and performed a wall-grab I would get stuck on the corner, so I could only jump over the corner or use the ladder like a normal money.

Also, with spawns that are on the same level it becomes quite easy I think to lay bombs continually when the enemy spawns, this could become quite annoying, but I'm not even sure if it's cost-effective.

Count-down timer till you are ready to spawn again like 3.. 2.. 1.. would also be nice, I know there is an animation at work, but it's a bit fuzzy to me.

Grinzpilz

• 600 series
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 02:23:54 pm »
In Tutorial, when you bring the 3 Cubes to the Core, the red message from before comes left of the core, but the new wall blocks it, dunno if you want it that way!? - shifted them around. fixed -DM

StranaMente

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 02:40:17 pm »
I'm having similar problems on the first match, it takes up to 70-80 seconds for the match to start (even locally). I have a laptop with win7 and intel i5 320m.
Trying rematches (locally) the loading time is almost zero.

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 02:45:24 pm »
I think we've worked out the issue. Tim's doing a fix, should hopefully be able to push it shortly. Will let you know.

Lord Napsack

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 02:52:55 pm »
I'm having a big issue with getting over low walls. I attempt to jump over but I get stuck on the corner. Attempting to jump whilst still pressing the direction I was going in (so as to do a wall jump) doesn't work. I have to get off the wall and attempt to jump again. Stops manoeuvrability and has got me killed a couple of times.

Edit: Also getting an audio glitch when I go into lobbies. The music go all static-y.

I also have 3 of my IDs in one of the lobbies as I have left and joined it that many times. Not sure if I am doing something wrong there and not sure if other players can see it. Should be fixed in next verison - TJ

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 02:55:44 pm »
Hm. Low walls you can just run into and auto jump over them. Does that help, or is the auto jump part of the problem?

StranaMente

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 02:59:34 pm »
I've got a similar problem with walls about the same size (or slightly higher) of the monkey. It tends to get stuck when trying to vault over them. I need either to try again or double jump.

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 03:00:38 pm »
How do you mean 'stuck'? As in actually locked to the wall, or is he doing a wall grab and sliding down?

HiRaJapBab

• 600 series
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 03:02:14 pm »
You get locked, I have no issue with the auto-jump so far. But when you jump into a wall slightly higher then yourself you cannot jump again if you land on the corner and you do not slide down.

Lord Napsack

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 03:04:37 pm »
You get locked, I have no issue with the auto-jump so far. But when you jump into a wall slightly higher then yourself you cannot jump again if you land on the corner and you do not slide down.

Essentially what this guy says. I'll see if I can get a video of it but my laptop isn't the best, so it might not turn out to look great.

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 03:06:53 pm »
Hm, I can't get it to happen at all. Can anyone grab footage?

Are you using gamepad or keys?

Lord Napsack

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 03:08:23 pm »
I'm using a keyboard.