Size Five Games

Author Topic: Spider-Man 1 Again  (Read 9163 times)

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
Re: Spider-Man 1 Again
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 08:33:16 pm »
Convinced Charlotte to watch it, and we both thought it was excellent. Genesis stuff AGAIN was a bit of a chore, but it nailed the Peter character way better than any of the other films.

One good baddy too. Not loads of baddies.

Winner.

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 11:01:59 pm »
it nailed the Peter character

I'm genuinterested to know what this means to you, considering you guys don't read many Spider-Man comics...

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 12:43:23 pm »
Well, my understanding of Spidey is more from the cartoons and understanding of who Peter is from pop culture and hearing Stan Lee explain it in commentaries. I always understood him to be a tech-savvy nerdy awkward kid who puts on a spidey suit and becomes a fast-talking, wise-cracking little whippet. I thought they really nailed that in a way the Raimi ones didn't.

I thought Uncle Ben's death was really well done, and provided excellent motivation for Spidey's genesis. I thought the New York-and-Spidey-as-one stuff was really nice, the stuff with the cranes was brillo.

It just felt like how SpiderMan has always been in my head.

Paul

• SIZE FIVE!
  • 3rd Member Registered
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2014, 04:26:24 pm »
I saw Spider-Man 2 Again today, I thought it was excellent. Definitely my favorite Spidey movie. I really liked the villains; they were well fleshed out and their motivations made sense. I cared about Spidey & Gwen; their relationship is portrayed well and Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone have great chemistry in their scenes. The actions scenes were really enjoyable to watch, they never got too messy and difficult to follow and the destruction Electro causes is awesome. The pace of everything was very good, the movie was always moving forward and it was always giving me something I wanted to see while we got to the next part.

Also(massive ending spoilers): I love how they've skipped over the Spider-Man not being Spider-Man mourning phase and gotten him back on track to being Spider-Man. Can't wait to see what happens with the Sinister Six as well. Oh and I definitely didn't see Gwen's death coming!

Paul

• SIZE FIVE!
  • 3rd Member Registered
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 01:16:28 pm »

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 07:59:23 pm »
Thank fuck! Now they just have to actually make a good movie for once.

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2018, 05:00:46 pm »
That ^^ turned out to be Spider-Man Homecoming and it was quite good!

Now they've done Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, which is an animated multiverse movie and it's excellent. Hands down the best Spider-Man film ever, imo. Effortlessly blends a variety of visual styles and riffs on the audience familiarity with Spidey's backstory while using all of the character's (characters') iconography to full effect. Funny, exciting, touching and intricate without being over-worked.

Then again, I'm talking to people who thought Amazing Spider-Man 2 was the best one before this so...

Paul

• SIZE FIVE!
  • 3rd Member Registered
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2018, 01:55:46 pm »
I saw it and loved it as well, easily the best Spidey movie and I can't wait to see it again. Agree with what Ben said about it entirely.

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2019, 11:37:08 am »
Oh no, I thought SpiderVerse was... okay? Ish?  I don't know what's wrong with me, but I've been really looking forward to this and I didn't even get a spark of excitement or wowed by any of the action. It was just... okay? Totally watchable!

Will re-watch soon. I've had this problem before, I'm pretty sure it's because I geared myself up to enjoy it SO SO MUCH. I need to rewatch it, but right now it feels like a 6/10 film? EUGH I'm probably wrong.

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Today at 06:56:21 am »
Awww, that's a shame. I wonder if maybe you got a ton of stuff ruined by internet memes and stuff too...

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: Today at 11:17:15 am »
No, I'd managed to avoid all the plot stuff, I had very little idea what it was about, bar the trailer. I was actually quite shocked by Peter's death in Mile's universe because that's not how I thought the verse stuff was going to hang together at all.

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Today at 05:26:16 pm »
Huh, okay. Well hopefully you SOTD it!