Size Five Games

Author Topic: Alan Partridge movie  (Read 1732 times)

Paul

• SIZE FIVE!
  • 3rd Member Registered
    • View Profile
    • Email
Alan Partridge movie
« on: March 15, 2013, 12:50:41 pm »
Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDCVtEilrGU

He din't seem very Partridge in it?

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
Re: Alan Partridge movie
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:11:11 pm »
Yeah, weird. Doesn't seem like Alan at all.

Die Hard Alan Partridge though I can really get behind. SotD style piss take with Partridge :D

Paul

• SIZE FIVE!
  • 3rd Member Registered
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 07:10:26 am »
This is a really good movie, laughed a lot during it. The story boils down to Alan getting caught up in a siege with a former colleague and trying to milk it to better his career. Loads of great jokes, all very Partridge. Surprised and happy with how well it turned out.

thechicken

• brillo member
  • Bwark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 08:41:33 am »
This was brilliant, can't remember ever seeing a comedy so consistently funny throughout the runtime.
Twitter: @thechicken123

Paul

• SIZE FIVE!
  • 3rd Member Registered
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 08:47:27 am »
His little fantasy of saving the day was amazing.

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 05:17:49 pm »
I enjoyed this. It wasn't the best comedy film ever or the best Alan ever (honestly, I think we've seen the pinnacle from I'm... season 1), but it was very good at both.

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile

Paul

• SIZE FIVE!
  • 3rd Member Registered
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 08:43:15 am »
Sounds like it to me.

Nitishajack

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 05:13:11 am »
I am a fan of the Alan Partridge character and this delivers on what I expected for the most part. But as far as adding anything new or offering any surprises into the mix, not so much. If you like what has come before and are up for more of the same, then you shouldn't be disappointed.

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 03:24:32 pm »
This Time with AP is his new series and I thought the first ep was pretty good? Some of the stuff felt a bit 'forced', like the hacktivist interview where it suddenly went into WatchDog instead of One Show, but the ep got a good lot of belly laughs from me.

It's quite good seeing Partridge back presenting, I haven't seen much of the Mid Morning Matters stuff, so it feels like a nice throwback to the 'KMKYWAP aha' days.

Paul

• SIZE FIVE!
  • 3rd Member Registered
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 04:07:34 pm »
I enjoyed it overall, I agree with you on how things went from that interview on. The stuff when they're off air was excellent and his forcing a Yes from the woman who always disagrees with him was classic stuff.

thechicken

• brillo member
  • Bwark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 09:06:40 pm »
Think the format of it didnít work quite as well as I hoped it would, thought the One show live angle would be a new way of breathing some fresh air in, but realistically the character doesnít need it, such a funny creation. The Ďpre-recordedí segments worked best I thought. Overall still funny, but thought this might be the best thing in ages.

For those who havenít, highly recommend the 2 books that have come out, done in character in the audiobook version. Tons of really great stuff in there
Twitter: @thechicken123

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 09:48:46 pm »
I'm really enjoying This Time overall, too. It does occasionally tip over into 'Alan-isms delivery system' in the same way I'm AP season 2 and the I, Partridge book did, but generally whenever he's got good characters to bounce off, it works really well. I love the subtle stuff they do with the 'live' format too, like when you catch a glimpse of him belting down some stairs to get into the next shot in time, or cutting away from (minor ep 2 gag) an audience member falling off the seating.

I also really like the Jennie character, who is on one hand completely mercenary but on the other has to grit her teeth through a bunch of gropey, awful men to maintain a tv career as a woman. She's basically that woman who got lumped with Piers Morgan and took little snipes at him when she could get away with it.