Size Five Games

Author Topic: STICKY: MAJOR CRISIS BUGS THREAD  (Read 28939 times)

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
STICKY: MAJOR CRISIS BUGS THREAD
« on: June 24, 2013, 03:28:44 pm »
Here's a thread to report any massive, unpleasant, game-breaking horror bugs I need to know about and fix immediately.

If it's something minor, it doesn't belong here. This is RED ALERT horror bugs only, like crashes or problems with the networking not syncing correctly. Pop anything that is fiddly or annoying in this thread.

If it's an opinion it definitely doesn't belong here. "Bullets should move faster" or "Monkeys should jump higher" etc. Start a new thread or a poll asking other players for opinions, and I'll edit stuff based on that.

No tittle-tattle or banter in this thread please, it's for grown-up crises only.

markbilly

• like, 700 series
    • View Profile
Re: STICKY: MAJOR CRISIS BUGS THREAD
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:18:28 pm »
I raised this on Trello under a comment for a (possibly) similar bug:

I am getting stuck on the LOADING screen for a local game. I can load the tutorial, though... Playing on a Win8 laptop, i3, all Gun Monkeys settings are the lowest they can go. Thought I'd add here in case it's related?
Twitter: @mark_billy

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 09:09:17 pm »
This is with the latest Steam version, yes?

Is it every time? Some times? How long have you left it before giving up?

Can you do new a favour and try leaving it for, like, 5-10 mins? See if it's hanging or just loading very slowly?

Also, is this the same PC you tested the Alpha on? Pre Steam ran fine on it? Have any steam version run on it?

HiRaJapBab

• 600 series
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 02:17:15 pm »
I just got a message with "SORRY Your opponent quite the match" and "Return to lobby", but I have no mouse cursor and I cannot press enter or Esc, the music also sounds like it's stuck and repeating in a loop so I think the game crashed.

EDIT: "SORRY some sort of problem happened and the game quite out" This happened after both players agreed to a rematch. When I clicked on rematch (it said to me I had won) my opponent was still shooting at me for some time, not sure if that is normal.
Is there some sort of way I can sent you a crash report?

cubed2d

• Global Moderator
  • 600 series
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 02:20:09 pm »
I just got a message with "SORRY Your opponent quite the match" and "Return to lobby", but I have no mouse cursor and I cannot press enter or Esc, the music also sounds like it's stuck and repeating in a loop so I think the game crashed.

Not sure about the music, but the hidden mouse is a bug. Im on it

StranaMente

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 02:31:13 pm »
After losing a game I clicked on "rematch". After some loading the game restarted from the splash screen. Without restarting it, if I go on "play a game" the audio stutters greatly as does the smoke behind the menu, while in the other tabs of the menu it plays fine.
Selecting "change server" solved the problem momenteraly, while chosing the server again made it stutter.
After restarting the game I noticed that it didn't show the players on line too, but restarting solved the issue.
Edit: I have a laptop with Win7, intel i5 m430, nvidia gt320m.

2nd issue. If you ask for a rematch after a challenge and the opposite player quits, the mouse pointer disappear in the page where it tells you that, and you can't press the button to quit the menu (happened 2/2 times) Solved

d0ct0r b4c0n

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 03:26:10 pm »
So I'm stuck in some kind of loading screen limbo. The background is animated, and the audio is looping fine, but I think those are health bars?

cubed2d

• Global Moderator
  • 600 series
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 03:28:14 pm »
So I'm stuck in some kind of loading screen limbo. The background is animated, and the audio is looping fine, but I think those are health bars?

Local match or online?

d0ct0r b4c0n

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 03:29:00 pm »
Local match or online?

Local match. Rematch, as well.

EDIT: I was able to get back to the main menu, though.

Lord Napsack

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 03:31:40 pm »
Pretty sure that when I have accepted a match the game crashes. After 25/15 seconds pass the everything vanishes except the background and the UI at the bottom. It stays this way unless I press ESC, which takes me to the opening screen but without any options. The only way to do anything then is to close down the entire game.

Might just be me, though

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 03:32:24 pm »
Have you downloaded the latest version? Make sure gun monkeys is up-to-date, this might fix that.

HiRaJapBab

• 600 series
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 04:05:09 pm »
This happened after we both agreed to a rematch, no idea what happened, I read something about initiating the Vortex? Anyway here are some screens.

http://i.imgur.com/tkS8qtM.jpg

By the way, my opponent had a normal game, I seemed to be able to move and jump etc. I just didn't see anything except this screen.

markbilly

• like, 700 series
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 04:06:29 pm »
I will answer your questions about the loading hug asap, Dan. And update my original post when I know.
Twitter: @mark_billy

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 04:06:37 pm »
Hm, that sounds like one for Tim. Any other details you can give would be amazing.

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 04:06:57 pm »
Mark - try again with the new build on Steam. That will almost definitely fix it for you.