Size Five Games

Author Topic: Ben what other old games do you have that you haven't played yet?  (Read 47177 times)

Paul

• SIZE FIVE!
  • 3rd Member Registered
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ben what other old games do you have that you haven't played yet?
« Reply #345 on: August 11, 2019, 09:51:38 pm »
Pretty sure that's in Max Payne one, you use a phone on a desk and get a little graphic novel sequence from what I remember.

Yeah Max Payne 2 was a refinement in pretty much all aspects. The bullet time is fairer(dives don't take away bullet time) and the combat relies a lot less on memorising enemy spawns with better level design and variety. Also a dedicated grenade/molotov button makes them useful. Graphics are nice and it still has some effects that hold up quite well like the working mirrors and wavy effects in dream sequences(I started a replay today). I am getting a weird bug where Max won't respond to movement commands after a cut scene and I have to reload.

Another nice thing in the sequel is that the graphic novel bits are all done properly this time, the first game sometimes used screenshots with a photoshop painting filter on them.

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: Ben what other old games do you have that you haven't played yet?
« Reply #346 on: August 12, 2019, 01:51:09 am »
Oh yeah, ha ha, you could definitely tell where they forgot to get a certain pose photographed and just did a bodge job instead of getting more shots!