Size Five Games

Author Topic: Idle Kick  (Read 2905 times)

Kanieos

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
Idle Kick
« on: April 05, 2016, 03:56:04 pm »
Hi,
I have noted that 99% of the players who are online are only afk (i waited 20 minutes in a full lobby, used the chat and no one was really there so i got no answer) and are īblockingī the lobbys, so could it be a solution, that idle players who are afk for (for example) longer than an hour are getting kicked by the server so that inside the lobbys are only player who want to play.
If this would be possible, i think it would be much easier to find another player to play aganist.

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
Re: Idle Kick
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 04:36:22 pm »
I'm aware there's a sporadic issue with the servers at the moment causing them to all display as full. I'm working on it, but haven't found a solution yet :)

Kanieos

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 05:01:28 pm »
They arenīt all full, but in Europe, the first 15 server are most of the time full... and on the other servers are only afk people...

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 08:50:07 am »
Hm, interesting thanks. There's some issue with the servers causing slots to display as used when they're not. I'll let you know if/when I work out what's going on!

Kanieos

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 05:22:50 pm »

Kanieos

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 12:11:59 pm »
Anything new?
The first 14 servers are still full and when i join a server the players are idle or "unknown" (like you see in the enclosed pictures). I waited some minutes, rejoined but still "unknown"....

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 12:49:42 pm »
Interesting. Short answer: no. I spent ages dicking around with the code unable to find the source of the problem. Then, like magic, it resolved itself.

I think it's a symptom of a server hiccup. By-and-large it fixes itself up pretty quickly, fairly regularly. I'll re-dig into the code when I get a sec to add better error checking, but for now the actual cause of the problem is a MYSTERY.

:(

Kanieos

• beamexian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 10:49:16 am »
I donīt see, that it is solved... Everytime i try to play the game the Servers are full or the players are "unknown", or the few players who arenīt unknown are idle...
But it is interesting, everytime there are the same players who are idle... Sometimes they are at 3 servers or so at the same time, but everywhere idle :(

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 09:47:54 am »
Hmm, I'll dig into it again today/ tomorrow, see if it's clearer what's going on :)