Size Five Games

Author Topic: LOST [spoilers obv]  (Read 80779 times)

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: LOST Season 6 !!SPOILER THREAD!!
« Reply #465 on: June 02, 2013, 08:15:08 pm »
No, it's not better! It's watchable but only because I know what's going on. All the time-travel stuff would screw it up for a first-time viewer aside from the fact that most of the twists are bollocksed! But I'm finding it very interesting.

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: LOST Season 6 !!SPOILER THREAD!!
« Reply #466 on: June 02, 2013, 08:43:15 pm »

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: LOST [spoilers obv]
« Reply #467 on: September 22, 2014, 04:45:45 pm »
In honour of the show's tenth anniversary, here is the newly merged LOST MEGATHREAD! I can't believe it doesn't go back further than season 3; was that all lost to The Gibbage Forums (RIP)?

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #468 on: September 23, 2014, 07:19:51 am »
If it's 10 years old, I'd guess the originals were Gibbage Forums, yeah.

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 23, 2014, 07:53:41 am »
Shame.

Looking back, my ideas for LOST spin-off shows were dreadful. I think I was still all caught up in the mythology of it.

Paul

• SIZE FIVE!
  • 3rd Member Registered
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #470 on: September 24, 2014, 02:12:15 pm »
I still enjoyed LOST on an episode to episode basis more than most other shows.

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 24, 2014, 05:38:36 pm »
Yeah, especially for such a long running show. The Wire might have challenged it if it weren't for that show's second season being mostly rubbish.

Paul

• SIZE FIVE!
  • 3rd Member Registered
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #472 on: September 24, 2014, 07:52:50 pm »
See, I fucking love Season 2 of The Wire. I can relate to it way better than other seasons.

LOST did have some amazing characters, I'd still love a Sawyer and that other dude being detective spin off.

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 25, 2014, 05:09:50 am »
Ah yes, the amazing character "that other dude".

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 12, 2020, 12:26:10 pm »
About the only thing I still use Facebook for is checking in on a LOST fan page once every few days. Pretty much everything that could possibly be said or discovered has been already, but occasionally some interesting new thing will be linked to. Apart from that, it's generally just people asking the same questions or posting screencaps.
The other reason I go, though, is because the admin is an hilariously awful AGSMOD type, who has worked out a grand unifying theory for LOST, which requires a lot of stretching but he has decided is fact and with which any disagreement needs to be shouted down. He's also decided that every single element in the entire show has a meaning, unless it's one of the few things that he can't manage to tie into his theory in which case it's just a production error you IDIOT.
I saw this today and had to share it. Someone posted a long run-on sentence about a random episode they'd just watched, "Fire + Water", just listing some random things that happened in it and then asking what everyone thought of the episode. Bizarrely, LOSTMOD takes this to be a question about why it was that Locke punched Charlie three times specifically. His response:

The ONLY connection with the 3 punches (if there is one and it appears likely there is) that I can think of is to do with the theme of baptism. There are three types of baptism;
1. Water
2. Holy Spirit
3. Fire
No coincidence those are in the episode title.
We see the "3" in Lost several times - it's even an episode name: "Three Minutes." (S2) Like when Locke told Charlie he could ask for his drugs three times and then he'll get it. Also when Jacob drags Richard into the sea, he dunks his head exactly FOUR times. Whilst the connection is not initially clear, upon thinking about it, the dunking into water is a very "baptistic" (is that a word? I think I just made it one lol) thing to do. So then why the extra dunk? It's believed that he did this so it was a kind of "anti-baptism" given Jacob's violent exercise was to demonstrate to Richard that he's not really dead. He forced Alpert to admit he wasn't dead at which point the dunking stopped at four. One more than Baptism. Taking this to the next step, by going that extra dunk, Jacob was symbolising that he had gained control of Richard's soul.
So 3 appears to be connected with some kind of ritualistic act.

I especially love the "it's believed" with the silent "(by me) near the end there!

Ben

• Global Moderator
  • SIZE FIVE!
  • Cake Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 14, 2020, 01:23:18 pm »
Ha ha ha, someone finally replied to LOSTMOD telling him not to be so patronising and rude to everyone, I liked their comment, and today I'm not able to see the page anymore!

Dan

• Administrator
  • SIZE FIVE!
    • View Profile
    • Size Five Games
    • Email
« Reply #476 on: February 14, 2020, 02:14:38 pm »
Man that's all such a fucking stretch. I'd call that a troll if it weren't the mod.